I was finally able to nearly complete one section of the launcher tubes. They still need more attention and to add wiring that coneccts the launcher with the turret, but I will take care of this during further assembly of the tubes. Below you can see the progresss done so far.
Thursday, January 30, 2014
Sunday, January 26, 2014
Just after finishing the build up of the polish Firefly, I jumped to another Sherman subject. This time a US operated tank, a M4 with T34 rocket launcher, that was introduced in ETO in early 1945. If you want to build this tank, there are two alternatives - you get the old italeri Calliope M4A3, or you get a conversion from Verlinden, otherwise you can always sctrachbuild it completely... Since I prefer working with plastic than resin, and since the reviews available online weren't that optimistic as it comes to the quality of the VP kit I decided to give a go to the old italeri kit. It needs a lot attention and redefining some details, especially as it comes to the launcher tubes, but it's far more convinient for me to work in plastic. The Sherman itself was slightly updated with Tasca suspension and tracks with duckbills. It also got new weald seams made of Magic Sculpt and other slight improvmentes. The launcher will receive a scratchbuilt tubes support frame and new trigger mechanism, I will also add all the missing details. Still lots to do here but I'm getting there and the model should be ready for painting ina few weeks or so. Stay tuned.
Wednesday, January 22, 2014
As all modellers know you can't be focused for too long on one subject because it tends to become boring so just to add some diversity to my recent sculpting activities I decided to finish one of my shelf queens, a Tasca Firefly Vc. The vehicle is built based on pictures of various up-armored Fireflies as seen in photographs from 1944/1945 period. My model will represent a polish vehicle operating within the 1st Armored Division (Polish Armed Forces) in early 1945. The add-on armor is made of bronco workable track link set of the T62 Sherman track, typical for british Shermans. The stowage is composed of various stuff, including bronco british accesories and Panzerart ammo boxes which were often used to store different things including tools or crewmembers stuff. Now the tank goes to the painters and I'm gonna plan some figures for it too. I'm aiming for an in action scenery.
Monday, January 6, 2014
The two figures for the Berlin suburbs diorama are finished by now. I will be painting them in the next few days. The recon trooper is going to receive another variation of the amoeba camouflage and as for the Frenchman from SS Charlemagne, he will have a standard M43 Waffen SS feldgrau tunic and pea pattern trousers. A step closer to get the diorama completed and proceed with other stuff...